36. Rediscovering Greek Medicine: Wisdom from the Hidden Manuscripts and Texts
This week Professor Alain Touwaide, of the Institute for the Preservation of Medical Traditions, gives us a rare glimpse at ancient manuscripts in libraries worldwide, revealing truths of Greek Medicine.
Professor Alain Touwaide carefully researching book of ancient Greek
Βιβλιοθήκη — Vivliothíki (Library)
Ancient preserved book of Greek medicine
In this episode:
Greek Medicine is traditionally considered as the source of modern medicine and, more recently, also of the Mediterranean diet. Though essentially correct, this idea hides more than it tells about Greek Medicine.
Today, Professor Alain Touwaide of the Institute for the Preservation of Medical Traditions joins the Kefi L!fe audience to tell some of what he discovered during his research for ancient Greek manuscripts in libraries worldwide.
Alain carefully researches book of ancient Greek medicine
You’ll learn more about how daily health and life bring on new meaning with the return of antiquity to present day.
- Discover where pepper originates.
- Why are medical manuscripts in a monastery of Patmos, Greece?
- What type of paper were these ancient manuscripts written on?
- How does equilibrium link a person to wellness?
This episode is fascinating, don’t miss it!
Alain & Emanuela researching manuscripts
Today’s Ola Kala Moment:
Today’s Ola Kala Moment returns to ancient practices and brings them to modern day.
Ancient medical wisdom on original papyrus
- Institute for the Preservation of Medical Traditions on Facebook
- INSTITUTE FOR THE PRESERVATION OF MEDICAL TRADITIONS INC
- Emanuela Appetiti on LinkedIn
- Patmos – MeanderTravel.com
Music: Spiro Dussias
Graphic Designer: Susan Jackson O’Leary
Please be sure to follow the Kefi L!fe podcast to ensure that you are Ola Kala in mind, body and soul.
For a natural and uplifting support with your health and wellness connect with Kiki to discover the beauty of essentials oils.
This episode made possible in part by:
The Law Offices of Liston & Tsantilis — Ranked #1
Kingdom Farms Whole Sale Meats
This podcast is for informational and educational purposes only. None of the information should be construed as medical advice. Users are encouraged to seek professional medical assistance for any significant health-related matters.