63. Embrace the Power of You (with Tricia Montalvo Timm)
Tricia Montalvo Timm is a first-generation Latina board director, venture investor and speaker. With her new book, Embrace the Power of You, she hopes to inspire anyone who has ever felt like an “other” in the workplace to embrace their true selves, own their identity and achieve success and fulfillment in their life and career.
In this episode:
- Tricia shares her experience from a young age where she realized that people thought her last name wasn’t considered “American” enough for her to get acting roles.
- How she navigated the high-powered career as a lawyer when she became a new mother.
- Who her book, Embrace the Power of You, is for and what she hopes people will learn from it.
- The importance of helping people feel like they belong in organizations and how her manager strategies in the book could help with that.
- How her scan-evaluate-adapt process worked for her in networking conversations and what she realized was different for her vs her husband in similar situations.
- How debilitating perfectionism can be and how much energy it takes from you.
- The important of self-care, resting through the contraction times in our lives so we are ready for expansion opportunities.
Information on Tricia:
The Book that Tricia Recommends:
- The First, the Few, the Only: How Women of Color Can Redefine Power in Corporate America by Deepa Purushothaman
The Visibility Factor Podcast is brought to you in part by the 90-day Visibility Breakthrough Accelerator program.
Do you believe deep down inside that you can have a bigger career, but you don’t know how to get there?
This 90-day program is a powerful experience that is unique to you and provides dedicated time to focus on your specific challenge. This dedicated time will help you see new possibilities, recognize your strengths, and take away key insights that can be leveraged immediately. Are you ready to create a breakthrough for yourself?
If you are interested in learning more, visit:
Thank you for listening to The Visibility Factor Podcast
As always, I encourage you to reach out! You can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also find me on social media everywhere – Facebook, LinkedIn, and of course on The Visibility Factor Podcast! I look forward to connecting with you!
If you liked The Visibility Factor, I would be so grateful if you could subscribe and rate it where you listen to podcasts! It helps the podcast get in front of more people who can learn how to be visible too!
Thank you to the team at Sheep Jam Productions for the amazing support of The Visibility Factor Podcast!