Father Brian is a Visiting Assistant Professor of Philosophy at LMU and a Lieutenant in the United States Navy Chaplain Corps.
In this episode we discuss:
- His calling to become a priest and the role of a priest.
- The truth about confession, and themes of guilt and shame in Catholicism.
- Sexual abuse inside the Catholic Church, and efforts to heal the damage and prevent future abuse.
- What celibate living entails for a priest and the benefit of not owning anything in the Jesuit community.
- The difference between Moral Injury and PTSD.