Lauren is a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, Certified Sex Therapist, and a Certified Sex Addiction Therapist-Supervisor. Lauren’s professional focus is helping to reduce stigma around mental health issues and bring awareness, healing, and recovery to those in search of a more fulfilled and meaningful life.
Her areas of expertise are trauma and addiction, as well as intimacy and relationship issues. Trained in Somatic Experiencing, Neuroaffective Touch, EMDR, Trauma Sensitive Yoga, and Neurofeedback, she works somatically with a wide range of issues.
In this episode we discuss:
- What dynamics covid has created with couples; less connection, more addiction, or more addiction, less connection
- How behavior addiction has been on the rise and coping mechanisms to combat it
- How to keep a relationship thriving after covid
- Why novelty in a relationship is a must
- How to deal with children who are distant learning from home
- The concept of permission
- Tools on how to navigate depression
Connect with Ashley: