41. Lain Hensley – The Odyssey of Giving
“…in the spirit of generosity and the spirit of giving, that was the moment where it stopped me and I thought, wow, have I given enough?”
Lain Hensley is the Head Dream Chaser & Co-Founder of Odyssey Teams
In 2014, Lain won a hard-fought battle against cancer and he hasn’t taken a minute of life for granted since. A master of metaphors, he uses stories and emotion to connect with audiences. He seamlessly builds bridges between your organizational values and individual action items. Employees will leave the program feeling inspired to make a positive difference in the way they do their work. If you would like to get to know Lain and his style, you can check out his podcast “You Go First”.
- Lain has delivered keynotes to thousands of companies in more than 21 countries with clients including Microsoft, Hampton Hotels, Oracle, Charles Schwab, Johnson Controls, Caterpillar, Gallo Wines, DaVita, Shell, and Genentech
- Lain has written for publications such as Entrepreneur Magazine, Inc. Magazine, The Guardian and Huffington Post
- For the past 22 years he has been a part of the UCLA MBA “Foundations of Leadership Program”
- In his spare time, Lain is the coach of the Chico High volleyball team.
- He is a cancer survivor and currently lives in Chico, California with his wife of 25 years and their three children.
“Gentlemen, we will chase perfection, and we will chase it relentlessly, knowing all the while we can never attain it. But along the way, we shall catch excellence.” — Vince Lombardi
- Lain on LinkedIn (Lian-Hensley-18a8145)
- Lain’s Podcast (You Go First)
- Odyssey on Twitter (@OdysseyTeams)
Lain Hensley, Odyssey Teams. Production team: Ian Devitt, Sheep Jam Productions, Nani Shin, qodpod network