56. External Validation vs Internal Validation
Today’s episode will explain the difference between external vs internal validation, why it is important to understand it and how focusing on external validation can hold you back in your career and your life.
In this episode:
- When I first learned about external validation and the aha moment I experienced.
- How people become “addicted” to external validation, crave it and why it is important to recognize it.
- How external validation is tied to self-worth, self-esteem and behavior.
- Quotes from author Byron Katie on the subject of external validation and how I have seen those situations in myself and my clients.
- How to begin focusing on self-trust and listening to your own opinions first.
- The importance of trusting yourself and a self-validation action step to take.
The Book Mentioned in the Podcast:
The Visibility Factor Podcast is brought to you in part by the 90-day Visibility Breakthrough Accelerator program.
Do you believe deep down inside that you can have a bigger career, but you don’t know how to get there?
This 90-day program is a powerful experience that is unique to you and provides dedicated time to focus on your specific challenge. This dedicated time will help you see new possibilities, recognize your strengths, and take away key insights that can be leveraged immediately. Are you ready to create a breakthrough for yourself?
If you are interested in learning more, visit:
Thank you for listening to The Visibility Factor Podcast
As always, I encourage you to reach out! You can email me at email@example.com. You can also find me on social media everywhere – Facebook, LinkedIn, and of course on The Visibility Factor Podcast! I look forward to connecting with you!
If you liked The Visibility Factor, I would be so grateful if you could subscribe and rate it where you listen to podcasts! It helps the podcast get in front of more people who can learn how to be visible too!
Thank you to the team at Sheep Jam Productions for the amazing support of The Visibility Factor Podcast!