62. Three Ways to be More Prepared to Speak Up at Work (with Kristy Olinger)
Kristy Olinger is a 20-year veteran of corporate life who knows that soft skills are the hardest thing we do at work. As a communication consultant and speaker, Kristy helps teams and individuals to communicate better at work through interactive programs that deliver practical solutions that translate with ease to everyday work life.
In this episode:
- Kristy started off talking about all the passions that she has and loves doing.
- Why so many people in the workplace struggle with difficult conversations.
- Understand the other person to be a great communicator. Communication is for the other person, not for you.
- The importance of creating workplace harmony for yourself.
- To ensure everyone can engage in a hybrid environment, with meetings that encompass people in person and others who are remote, it is important to set guidelines and structure.
- Kristy shares what the Mirror Exposure Effect is and how to give feedback effectively using the Situation Behavior Impact model.
- Working on the passion areas in her business gives Kristy joy and energy.
- Top three things you need to do to be able to speak up in a meeting.
Information on Kristy:
- Kristy Olinger on Instagram (@ko.communication)
- The Opposite of Small Talk Podcast on Instagram (@theoppositeofsmalltalk)
The Book that Kristy Recommends:
The Visibility Factor Podcast is brought to you in part by the 90-day Visibility Breakthrough Accelerator program.
Do you believe deep down inside that you can have a bigger career, but you don’t know how to get there?
This 90-day program is a powerful experience that is unique to you and provides dedicated time to focus on your specific challenge. This dedicated time will help you see new possibilities, recognize your strengths, and take away key insights that can be leveraged immediately. Are you ready to create a breakthrough for yourself?
If you are interested in learning more, visit:
Thank you for listening to The Visibility Factor Podcast
Check out my website to order my book and view the videos/resources for The Visibility Factor book.
As always, I encourage you to reach out! You can email me at email@example.com. You can also find me on social media everywhere – Facebook, LinkedIn, and of course on The Visibility Factor Podcast! I look forward to connecting with you!
If you liked The Visibility Factor, I would be so grateful if you could subscribe and rate it where you listen to podcasts! It helps the podcast get in front of more people who can learn how to be visible too!
Thank you to the team at Sheep Jam Productions for the amazing support of The Visibility Factor Podcast!