65. Leveraging Opportunities to Show Your Value
Today’s episode is focused on how to leverage opportunities to show your value. When you look at the choices that you make every day, are you focused on doing the easy things that keep you in the background or the harder things that could put you into the spotlight? This isn’t always a conscious thought, but more than likely the easy things are what you already know and would be considered the safer choices.
Finding gaps, problems to solve and identifying solutions can be hard and that is why no one else is doing them. Choosing these harder options are giving you a way to stand out. They can help you be more visible and give you more career options. They are scarier to do and will require you to put yourself out there, but what if you did them well? What if people saw you in a new way because you tried doing them? Focus on doing something that pushes you out of your comfort zone and can provide so many more opportunities for you.
In this episode:
- Are you staying safe or are you finding ways to put yourself out there in a bigger way?
- Look for the problems that no one else is solving so you can stand out.
- What can happen if you work on gaps, problems and solving them?
- Taking the initiative to solve problems and gaps shows your management, your interest in building skills, and being ready for more.
- Are you spending your time working on the high value things?
- Take advantage of opportunities to build a bigger career for yourself.
The Article Mentioned in the Podcast:
- Don’t Wait to Be Asked to Lead by Harry Kraemer
The Visibility Factor Podcast is brought to you in part by the 90-day Visibility Breakthrough Accelerator program.
Do you believe deep down inside that you can have a bigger career, but you don’t know how to get there?
This 90-day program is a powerful experience that is unique to you and provides dedicated time to focus on your specific challenge. This dedicated time will help you see new possibilities, recognize your strengths, and take away key insights that can be leveraged immediately. Are you ready to create a breakthrough for yourself?
If you are interested in learning more, visit:
Thank you for listening to The Visibility Factor Podcast
As always, I encourage you to reach out! You can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also find me on social media everywhere – Facebook, LinkedIn, and of course on The Visibility Factor Podcast! I look forward to connecting with you!
If you liked The Visibility Factor, I would be so grateful if you could subscribe and rate it where you listen to podcasts! It helps the podcast get in front of more people who can learn how to be visible too!
Thank you to the team at Sheep Jam Productions for the amazing support of The Visibility Factor Podcast!