83. Creating Visibility Through Writing (with Melissa Newton)
Melissa Newton is an author of 18 books. As a writer, editor, and publisher, she helps single authors and co-author teams to turn ideas into amazing books. She enjoys copyediting projects for experts who submit articles to trade/consumer magazines. Melissa is also a nature photographer, pianist, singer, and storyteller, performing programs in senior living communities and libraries to educate and bring joy to her audiences.
In this episode:
- Melissa shared how she got started in her writing as a career.
- Lessons that she learned from starting her own business.
- We discussed the challenges that authors face to achieve their goal of writing a book.
- Future authors can be more successful by reading a lot of books.
- She talked about the different ways that her clients wanted to work with her and how she had to pivot her business.
- Sharing posts on LinkedIn as a way to get started writing.
- We also talked about book marketing and ideas for repurposing the content that is created.
- What she would like her legacy to be.
Information on Melissa:
The Book that Melissa Recommends:
The Visibility Factor Podcast is brought to you in part by the 90-day Visibility Breakthrough Accelerator program.
Do you believe deep down inside that you can have a bigger career, but you don’t know how to get there?
This 90-day program is a powerful experience that is unique to you and provides dedicated time to focus on your specific challenge. This dedicated time will help you see new possibilities, recognize your strengths, and take away key insights that can be leveraged immediately. Are you ready to create a breakthrough for yourself?
If you are interested in learning more, visit:
Thank you for listening to The Visibility Factor Podcast
As always, I encourage you to reach out! You can email me at email@example.com. You can also find me on social media everywhere – Facebook, LinkedIn, and of course on The Visibility Factor Podcast! I look forward to connecting with you!
If you liked The Visibility Factor, I would be so grateful if you could subscribe and rate it where you listen to podcasts! It helps the podcast get in front of more people who can learn how to be visible too!
Thank you to the team at Sheep Jam Productions for the amazing support of The Visibility Factor Podcast!