86. Overcoming Self-Sabotage
Today we are going to talk about self-sabotage. Self-sabotage is a common phenomenon that affects many individuals in various aspects of their lives. It is a pattern of behavior where individuals unknowingly undermine their own success or well-being.
Believe me, I know that being visible can challenge you to step out of your comfort zone. Even when you know that you should be more visible, there is still the worry of making a mistake or failing that holds you back. Fear is so powerful and can take over if you let it. You prevent yourself from taking the actions that you need to do because of that fear, which is also known as self-sabotage.
What if you saw self-sabotage as something that is trying to help you instead of holding you back? How would that impact what you do next?
In this episode:
- In what ways does self-sabotage manifest itself for people
- What does self-sabotage look like in a work situation?
- What are the root causes of self-sabotage and how does it impact you as a leader?
- How does impostor syndrome play a role in self-sabotage?
- Tips that you can use to build awareness to overcome self-sabotage.
- Excerpt from The Visibility Factor book on self-sabotage
- Quotes from a book called The Mountain is You that focuses on self-sabotage and how it shows up for us.
- Now that you have awareness of self-sabotage, what will be different for you?
Resources Mentioned in the Podcast:
The Visibility Factor Podcast is brought to you in part by the 90-day Visibility Breakthrough Accelerator program.
Do you believe deep down inside that you can have a bigger career, but you don’t know how to get there?
This 90-day program is a powerful experience that is unique to you and provides dedicated time to focus on your specific challenge. This dedicated time will help you see new possibilities, recognize your strengths, and take away key insights that can be leveraged immediately. Are you ready to create a breakthrough for yourself?
If you are interested in learning more, visit:
Thank you for listening to The Visibility Factor Podcast
As always, I encourage you to reach out! You can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also find me on social media everywhere – Facebook, LinkedIn, and of course on The Visibility Factor Podcast! I look forward to connecting with you!
If you liked The Visibility Factor, I would be so grateful if you could subscribe and rate it where you listen to podcasts! It helps the podcast get in front of more people who can learn how to be visible too!
Thank you to the team at Sheep Jam Productions for the amazing support of The Visibility Factor Podcast!