Dr. Meredith Broderick is a triple board-certified sleep physician and founder of Sound Sleep Guru, a telehealth sleep clinic serving WA, CA, and AK.
She attended medical school at The Ohio State University, completed a neurology residency at Case Western Reserve University, and a sleep medicine and behavioral sleep medicine fellowship at Stanford Medical Center.
She is board certified in neurology, sleep medicine, and behavioral sleep medicine. She is one of the only physicians in the country to hold this combination of board certifications.
Dr. Broderick practices the full scope of sleep medicine treating conditions such as insomnia, narcolepsy, circadian rhythm sleep-wake disorders, restless legs syndrome, and sleep-disordered breathing, including all forms of sleep apnea. She has a special interest in treating insomnia without medications utilizing a state-of-the-art treatment also known as Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Insomnia (CBT-I).
In this episode we discuss:
- What is a medical-grade sleep disorder
- Common sleep disorders: insomnia, circadian sleep disorders, narcolepsy, restless leg syndrome
- Why men have a higher risk of developing sleep apnea
- What are some solutions to solve the problem of snoring
- The factors that perpetuate insomnia
- How cognitive behavior therapy helps cure insomnia
- Why sleep aids don’t give you the sleep your body actually needs
- Why not everyone needs 8 hours of sleep
- What is lucid dreaming and how it works
- Why most doctors don’t know how to treat insomnia
Connect with Meredith:
Connect with Ashley: